On Monday, November 21, 2022, the California Partnership for Access to Treatment, in partnership with the California Black Health Network, held Equity in Action. This virtual forum highlighted ways in which patient advocacy organizations are driving equitable access to quality and affordable health care, with a focus on clinical trials. This event was presented in collaboration with the All of Us Research Program and the Community Council of Greater Dallas.
A big thank you to our speakers for making this event so impactful and engaging!
- Moderator: Scott Suckow, Executive Director, Liver Coalition of San Diego
- Kristin Williams, MPH, Manager of Policy & Research, PhRMA
- Rhonda Smith, Executive Director, California Black Health Network
- Reverend Tammie Denyse, Hon. PhD, Co-Founder & President, Carrie’s TOUCH
- Shanada Monestime, PharmD, BCOP, Director of Community Engaged Research, GO2 for Lung Cancer
- Mary Brown, President & CEO, Sickle Cell Disease Foundation
- Joseph Alvarnas, MD, Vice President of Government Affairs, City of Hope